Monday, November 05, 2012

Green Pot with Full Bloomed Rose

I picked up this little pot at a garage sale and thought it was just right to paint actual size for these small daily paintings. The flower was in full bloom and ready to start dropping petals.

This is the first small painting done in my new studio space. I have to say I struggled a bit trying to get comfortable in the new surroundings. I found that getting spacial perspective was the biggest challenge after painting in such close quarters.

Controlling the lighting was also a tricky maneuver. I need a different spot light for the small arrangements so I don't blow out the light areas and/or end up with odd shadow values and patterns or none at all. 

For now, I am just happy to be painting again.


Green Pot w/ Full Bloomed Rose
6 x 6 oil on canvas panel
©2012


No comments:

Post a Comment