Saturday, June 15, 2013

Paintings drying on the rack...

I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. Just been really busy helping others the past couple months. However, I do have a couple of paintings drying on the rack I'll share in the next couple posts.

Sunflowers and Tulips II
9 x 7 Oil on Canvas Panel
© 2013

Sunflowers are wonderfully interesting to paint and can be very fun to interpret. Petals can take on an impressionistic look or be rendered photographically.

Other images on the rack will be in the next post.

I did a similar image as the one above, and decided to do this one because I've begun exploring composition. This one has a strong sinister diagonal whereas the previous image was done with a stronger baroque diagonal - hence the almost mirror image.



No comments:

Post a Comment