Sunday, January 04, 2015

Intellectual Property Law Statement

 
I've had a moment today. Without going into a lot of ugly detail, it's regarding posting images to this blog and remembering that google can automatically pick them up. Since I'm not a web expert, and even after reading the instructions for how to remove them, I feel stuck. Sadly, this will ultimately result in a decision to limit what images I post even for educational reasons. 

Facebook has similar issues according to their new rules that you can read next... I've posted the following on my Facebook pages, and invoke the Intellectual Property Code for Google also. I know I have the copyright to my content, but this is just a reminder to pirates.

Effective today 01/04/2015, retroactive to the beginning of this blog, and moving forward, the following applies...


In accordance with the Intellectual Property Code I declare that my rights are attached to all my personal data, drawings, art, photos, texts, etc., published in my Blog or any other Online presence.

For commercial use of 'the above', my written consent is needed at all times.


This is not meant to dispute the current agreement with Facebook or Google per their agreement for use.


The actions mentioned above apply equally to Google, employees, students, representatives and/or other personnel under the guidance of Facebook and Google. My profile Content includes personal information.

Facebook and Google are open capital entities. All members are invited to publish a statement of this kind, or if you prefer, you can copy and paste this text. This is about commercial use of personal content.


It is very important to protect your (my) exposure both in textual content as well as the images that are being posted. 

In addition, since I believe we are all students, there will be unsuccessful efforts that I won't mind sharing in person for various educational reasons, but these type of images will no longer be available to Facebook, Google, and any other of my online profiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment