Wednesday, January 11, 2023

2023 Strada Easel Challenge - Day 11 - Keepsake Japanese Vase - Unfinished

 Day 11 #stradaeasel

This was not an easy task and one that will require a do-over, but I learned something from the effort. 

Process on this one was rushed so I didn't make a grid before beginning - the vase is 2.5 in. in life, but in the painting it's 3.25 in. so keeping all the little facets in the vase in proportion was the challenge. If I'd done a drawing in conte' first to see what I could edit out and still do it justice might have made my life easier. The detail looks a little fussy and the flower is larger than I'd like, so it is another area that I'd like to take more time with now that I am familiar with the arrangement. I think it will go easier when I attempt it again.

Tomorrow will be a busy day, so I will choose something less detailed to paint.

Unfinished - NFS
Keepsake Japanese Vase
6x6 Oil on Canvas Sheet
©2023

No comments:

Post a Comment