Friday, January 27, 2023

2023 Strada Easel Challenge Day 27 - Tall Brass and Blossoms

 Day 27 #stradaeasel


Not feeling well today with headache and several problems to solve outside of painting today. I did manage to get something out, but I think it was more ambitious than it should have been under the circumstances. I had trouble harmonizing the colors I wanted to use, but I carried on so I could meet the challenge requirements. Only four days are left until the challenge is complete. 

Something else I've been experimenting with is how I start a painting. It could be a charcoal sketch, it could be an oil sketch, or I might tone the entire canvas and wipe out areas or maybe I start with a spot of color and move over the canvas with other spots of color that are easy to recognize - this last one doesn't work well for me because I cannot judge the value, color, or temperature next to the value, color, or temperature of the next brush mark.

Tall Brass and Blossoms Unfinished 
6 x 9 Oil on oil primed linen sheet
©2023


No comments:

Post a Comment