Wednesday, January 04, 2023

2023 - Strada Easel Challenge Day 4 - Beige Tea Pot with Mum/Charcoal

 Day 4 #stradaeasel

Finally working with this little tea pot. I had it for years thinking I'll put it in my paintings. I did these three little value drawing/sketches in soft charcoal to see it in different lighting sources - Top light, Room ambient light, Side light. Getting the value patterns was important, but a bit vague and very sketchy with the soft charcoal so I can easily brush it away before painting. I hope you can still get a sense of the light. 

I usually paint with more dramatic color, but in this one the tea pot is beige with some darker markings, the backdrop is a greenish gray, and the flower is an artificial beige mum - so quite neutral without strong contrast. 



Unfinished Sketches/Studies - NFS
Beige Tea Pot with Mum
©2023




No comments:

Post a Comment