Monday, January 30, 2023

2023 Strada Easel Challenge Day 30 - Tetsukyusu - Tea Pot Color Study

 Day 30 #stradaeasel

Wanted to try this tea pot in color, so I went for it. The design on the teapot is pretty detailed and the painting shows only the impression when my eyes area blurred. I will do this several more times to see how I might improve on the detail without going crazy or overworking it. All in all, I'm happy I tried and have no problem with the result at this stage.


I see where to improve on it, and that's what counts when doing studies.


It may seem odd that I have posted everyday this month and none have been for sale. The whole exercise it to help myself establish good habits as I work on my skills and prepare to do completed paintings that will be for sale soon.



Tetsukyusu Tea Pot Color Study
5.25 x 7.5 Oil on canvas sheet
©2023


No comments:

Post a Comment