Monday, January 23, 2023

2023 Strada Easel Challenge Day 23 - Poppies and Brass Study

 Day 23 #stradaeasel


Well I moved on to something different, and it was a good day mostly. This is done with both brush and palette knife. The values could use more work, but the shapes in this are easy to do with the palette knife. 

I started out thinking the bras would be the subject, but got curious about some artificial poppies I've had for awhile and they pretty much asked to stay. Anyway, glad I did this one and still experimenting with tools. I think this is a great way to learn painting. Having the information is one thing; making it work is the bigger challenge. 

One other thing - today I found myself begin to get tired while work on this and felt like I was going to loose the freshness if I didn't stop immediately. For some reason, this is the first time I was aware of that. 

Brass and Poppies Quick Study - NFS
5 x 8 Oil on canvas sheet
©2023


No comments:

Post a Comment