Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Copper Pot, Eucalytus and Pear

I've had this hammered copper pot for about 5 years and have wanted to paint it, but just didn't get around to it until now. In fact, I have several copper items that I want to paint.

As for format and size, I am working my way up to doing larger images again now that I am out of the powder room and have more studio space. However, it feels overwhelming yet when I set my large canvas on the easel.

Of course I enjoy painting the smaller ones, and can do one a day if I stay consistent, yet I long to do a larger image where I can really get transported to another mind set.

This image was intended to have an 'old world' feel to it without going too dark and somber. Hope you enjoy it...

Copper Pot, Eucalyptus, and Pear
8x8 Oil on Canvas Panel
© 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment