Saturday, June 16, 2012

First Image Idea for 'Paint Two Images'...

When I first wrote about 'Paint Two Images' a couple weeks ago. I had no idea what to paint and I am still not locked into the idea just yet. I considered landscape, still life (floral), and figure. Any of these would work as a basis to start, but I am leaning toward figurative - partly because it is a favorite subject, but also this is an opportunity I don't get very often. And figures on a bedroom wall will look more fitting, rather than in the dining room. 

So here is a drawing that I am thinking about using for one panel... Not a finished rendering, but the bud of any idea. I haven't drawn figure for some time, so this may take a little while to get comfortable with again. I am just very glad I do not have a hard deadline for this project. It is teaching me that stress is not always good for good art. 


Model Sketch
Newsprint & Charcoal
18 x 24 Original
© June 2012



Model Sketch - closeup
Newsprint & Charcoal
18 x 24 Original
© June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment