Monday, July 02, 2012

"Countryside Studio"

I did some teaching for awhile several years back when I had a business called 'the Countryside Studio'. The photo below is the entry.


It was located in a space I rented for a full year and had great ambiance. Barn board siding and walls, large tall windows, a large fireplace in the middle of the front area, and plenty of room in the back room for easels, models and still life setup and of course students. It was really a dream come true... until the owner's family lost their mom and had to make some family decisions. This of course influenced my plans. Nevertheless, it was a great experience and a whole lot of fun to say the least. I painted everyday and taught about three times per week. This next photo is the fireplace.



After about a year, things were going well with the studio, but my personal life took a bit of a down-turn about the same time - it was like the perfect storm, but by the grace of God, I am still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment