Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ginger Jar with Tangerines and Blue Flowers - Update

So back to my more frequently used palette. I must say the understanding of color is more solid now that I've used the Zorn Palette the past few paintings. By this I mean how color affects the viewer.

This is a simple grouping of objects that have a full value range and intensity of color. My spirit is feeling a little brighter and more at home. The actual jar has a printed design of square calligraphy blocks that I left off because it seemed too busy, but actually thinking this is too plain.

BTW, the blue flowers are a variation of Scilla siberica and perennial Geranium.



Start -  Ginger Jar with Tangerines and Blue Flowers
8 x 10 Oil on Canvas Panel
© 2013

Decided to try it with the design afterall... left a lot of the design off, but it is pretty true to the actual idea. Now if I can just learn how to suggest depth more convincingly.

Update - Ginger Jar with Tangerines and Blue Flowers
8 x 10 Oil on Canvas Panel
© 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment