Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Onion Crossing Still Life

This is the last painting for 2014.

It's time to cook these darn things, but they served me well for painting this month. This one has lots of texture in the entire painting, even the onions. Instead of using a texture medium, I used paint that had a lot of oil removed which made it easy to get this look.
It's a different color harmony than I usually do, but I think it's okay.

The one thing I noticed was that the shadows all seemed to be a different color when I was painting it, and it shows here in the photo too. Not sure if my eye was making it up, or if it was really that way, or maybe was just a strange angle on the lamp. I won't be surprised if I end up fussing with it a bit. 

Onion Crossing 9 x 12 Oil on Canvas Panel
© 2014

Happy New Year!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love the varied colors. It glows, and that is the goal isn't it?
    I have enjoyed your blog and although I do not get to comment a lot, I did want you to know it is appreciated. The quality of information is invaluable.
    Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete